Mr Peter Young BMedSci, BMBS, MRCS, FRCS, PhD, CUBS Civil Expert
Peter is a full time consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Mr Young is a full time Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon working in Ayrshire and Greater Glasgow. He has undertaken 9 years of specialist Orthopaedic training, completed the Trauma and Orthopaedic specialty examinations and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow. He regularly undertakes medical expert reports and has completed the Cardiff University Bond Solon (CUBS) civil expert certification.
Peter's current practice and experience includes the management of patients following trauma and injury; primary and revision hip and knee replacement; joint and bone infection and metastatic cancer of the bone. He has undertaken prestigious international fellowships in bone and joint reconstruction, replacement, and research. Peter has a doctorate degree in orthopaedic implant design and bone marrow stem cell research and has published widely in his field of expertise. He is a regular reviewer for several journals within the field of Trauma and Orthopaedics including the Bone and Joint Journal and Bone and Joint Research Journals.
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospital Ayr
- Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Glasgow
- ZimmerBiomet Adult Reconstruction Travelling Fellow 2017, Vancouver
- Complex Arthroplasty Fellow, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham
- Robertson Trust Research Fellow 2015, Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Director Glasgow Orthopaedic Research Initiative
- Invited reviewer including ‘Bone & Joint Journal’ and ‘Journal Tissue Engineering’
- 31 Peer review publications, book chapters and editorials, (RG score 24.89, 569 citations)
- 32 oral presentations
Our consultants specialise in a range of treatments and services, including cardiology, gynaecology, plastic surgery, urology, menopause, medical legal services and private GP services.